This is Living
We’re convinced the only life worth living is a life all in, and a life all out. It’s the reason we’re a community full of passion, why we protect each other rather than judge each other and why we never settle for the status quo. Vibrant Church is all about living life with hope and purpose.
Rich in Heritage
For over 30 years, Vibrant Church has been a place of hope and new beginnings in the Columbus area. We’ve grown from a small group of dedicated members to a church overflowing with life. We’re reaching out to our community and to the world right here from Columbus, MS.
A Family Heritage
In 1984, Pastor Jason Delgado’s father, Ron Delgado (with his wife Miriam) started Evangel Church, now Vibrant Church. Over the next 10 years, our church experienced exciting growth with buildings and people. Due to the faithfulness and unity of our church, our building debt was paid off in 2003, and we are proud to operate debt-free to this day.
A New Day
With a new emerging generation, the need to expand our staff leadership team became vital. In 2009, Jason Delgado (along with his wife Rachael and their 3 children) came to Evangel to become Lead Pastors and help advance the vision of Evangel for the future. With our new name Vibrant Church, we can’t help but feel like we’re just getting started.
What We’re Not
A Promise to Each Other
- WE PROTECT UNITY
- If you’re known for judging a book by its cover or people by their skin, then you probably won’t fit in here. You’ll find every age and every race walking through these doors. We’re more into protecting each other than judging each other. We call it our “Unite or Flight Policy”. In short, it means we deal with our struggles and we forgive each other even when it’s hard. Life is too short to waste by holding a grudge.
- WE LIVE LIFE WITH PASSION
- God never intended for church to be boring or irrelevant. It’s easy to get stuck in our daily routines, but there is so much more to life. We believe it’s worth the challenge to find purpose and passion in every day and to get involved in the life of your church.
- At our weekend services, you won’t be delivered stale dogma. Instead, you’ll be given Biblical truths that have been made practical for each area of your life. Don’t be surprised if you can’t stand still to the music!
- WE CONSTANTLY PROGRESS
- Vibrant Church may be a new name, but we’re still founded on the heritage we started over 25 years ago as Evangel Church. No matter what has changed through the years, the one thing that hasn’t is our refusal to grow stale in our faith and our effort to make it easy for you to find out what living is all about. From technology, campus expansion and our ever-growing missions outreach, we’re constantly pushing ourselves to be a community of givers, not takers.